The Clinical Research Information Service (CRIS) is a non-profit online registration system for clinical trials (researches) to be conducted in Korea. It has been established at the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) with support from the Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW). It joined the WHO International Clinical Trials Registry Platform (ICTRP) as 11th member of Primary Registry.
The CRIS includes any clinical trial or research which will be prospectively conducted with human participants, aiming to prevent, detect, diagnose or treat diseases. The clinical trial or research should be approved by the IRB prior to the registration on the CRIS. For multinational clinical trials or researches, the principal investigator should register the trial or research to prevent inadequate information or double registration. The information registered into the CRIS is open to the public on a real-time basis, domestically and internationally, from the time when the system administrator approves the trial or research.
- The purposes of the CRIS are :
- To improve transparency, accountability and ethicality of clinical trials or researches to be conducted in Korea
- To establish medical research infrastructure based on scientific evidence
- The CRIS Advisory Board is established to support CRIS in facilitating registration of clinical trial or research to be conducted in Korea.
- Its role includes :
- Developing a set of principles and guidelines for clinical trial registration through CRIS
- Providing advice and support in establishing and improving CRIS
- Monitoring the registration status of CRIS
- Providing consultation on planning strategy for collaboration with domestic and international organizations such as KAMJE(Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors)
- Park, Hyun-Young : Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Nam, Jung-Mo : Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Yonsei University
- Seo, Hwa-Jeong : Graduate School of Public Health and Social Welfare, Gachon University of Medicine & Science
- Yim, Hyeon-Woo : Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, the Catholic University of Korea
- Chang, Yoon-Jung : National Cancer Center
- Cho, Ju-Hee : Samsung Medical Center
- Huh, Sun : Department of Parasitology, College of Medicine, Hallym University
- You can access to CRIS mobile web by entering 'cris.nih.go.kr' in your web browser on your smart phone. At CRIS mobile web, you can search and review the contents of the registered clinical researches.